Monday 23 May 2016

Blackstar/Starman finished and new drawing.

 

Well I can't quite remember when I started this drawing but it must be 7 or 8 weeks ago and finally I have finished Blackstar/Starman. I dread to think how many dots it took, I am not going to count them but if somebody else wants to, feel free and let me know.
So I have finally left behind my David Bowie tribute and this week it will go off to the UYS Gallery.


Above is another drawing I finished yesterday. This is untitled as most of my drawings are so feel free to make your own title up. If you have a good suggestion I might use it, let me know.

Today consisted of a nice vibrant Drop In and Draw session, we were offered to draw on all sorts of paper and the whole group did a mini exhibition, you can see this below.


For details of our session and other fun things to do in St Ives, take a look at our website www.barnoonworkshop.co.uk


Above is some of my armory of pens that I use for my work.

After the workshop this morning Zoe (my wife) and I went for a quick bite down the Harbour Front, lovely sunny weather and it would seem quite a lot of visitors are around, plenty of German families are here enjoying our fair town.

After lunch I went back home did a few website things for Barnoon and filled in my form for the St Ives Society of Artist open exhibition, I do hope I get chosen. I have to take my pair of framed drawings down there on Wednesday, fingers crossed. I then took down my form down to hand in and ended up back at the workshop where Zoe was making paper for sale and our drawing and water colour courses.

Back home dinner eaten and now blog, later more drawing.

I almost can't quite believe I have finished that large drawing but hey ho onto the next small scale one in my book and onto the next big on which is already started. I will post some progress in the next few days.

Cheers all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment