Saturday 26 November 2016

St Ives Society of Artists, Christmas Open. Matthew Lanyon


Above is the first drawing I finished in last evenings drawing session, sharpies, uni-pin and white gel pen.

Above is the reverse that I started working on, I was satisfied with it last night but now I thinl I want to add more.

Here is a very small drawing.

Today we went off to Stitch St Ives at The Island Centre, an event run by our friend Jo McIntosh. It was a nice little event and we bumped into many St Ives folk. Erin Lacy was also there with her printing paints she runs some workshops for us at Barnoon.
Whilst this was on and my wife Zoe was running a plastic fusion workshop at the Island Centre I wandered off for a short while. I bumped into Bill from The Island Gallery who showed me a pic he taken on his phone of Porth Gwidden minus much of it sand, so I nipped up there and took this pic to share. The sand bank as it seems to be now is some 6 feet in height.


Bobby Wotnot

After the stitch show we went off to the Mariners gallery to see our entries had all got in and here are myself and my wife Zoe Eaton with one of our works in the said show. We are both pleased and now fingers crossed for some sales too. We met many fellow artist whilst there with our coffee and cake, thanks Jason.
Marie Keeling, John and Nicola Higgins and Graham Dilley amongst others. Graham had found out about the show from us on our Monday morning drawing group and decided to enter and he also got three works in he and his partner looked pretty pleased to see his work in there and I know I was, shame I forgot to take a pic.

Zoe Eaton.

We also popped into the show at The Penwith Gallery and enjoyed it. On a sad note and I don't know why we didn't find out sooner that St Ives artist Matthew Lanyon has died at the age of 65. He is one of the sons of Peter Lanyon. It is sad news and although I did not know Matthew he was a stalwart of the St Ives scene.

I will be off to draw in a while, cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment