Tuesday 25 April 2017

Varied day.

Tuesday:



Above and below are two works I am intending submit tomorrow for the Spring Open Exhibition at The St Ives Society Of Artists. I spent a few hours getting them ready for me to frame.. I took these pics before putting them behind glass. I must say I was quite chuffed with the look of the two pieces and am now hopeful they will be picked for the show. I have sold well in the last two open exhibitions.
The work above was done using a group of pens that were nearly out of ink but had enough for a few dots before recapping them and waiting for them to recharge. I thought at the time, 'what a green concept', well maybe not but getting the most out of your resources and I just love to run out a pen fully having used it to emptiness or even on the way to nib destruction. This having been going on in my head whilst executing the drawing is probably just a way of keeping myself entertained whilst embarking on a larger scale work. The drawing took as I remember 4 or 5 sessions of 4 hours or more to completed.
The work below was a drawing I did a while ago and had finished it but whilst in the process of getting it frame ready I decided to do some extra subtle additions to it. I started adding small dots in what at first would seem a very ordered fashion and then deviated from it to have anomalies so I follow that idea and now wonder to myself if anyone will actually look at the drawing and notice but if they do. I sort of see that chain of thought being if you look enough or listen enough to a piece of music you might suddenly find something you hadn't previously noticed. Will anyone look enough and pay that kind of attention I know not but I know.





Above and below are two contrasting shots around Barnoon Workshop from today, above is a shot of a windy car park with the spectacular crane working on the Tate St Ives extension. It was colder than recent days.
Tuesday is the day I do my 'Tour and Draw' and for the first time in 3 weeks I had someone, we have been a oon Workshoplittle cut of by the building works. So I took a lovely Dutch lady around the town showing her some of the interesting sites of our beautiful and interesting town.
After the tour I met my wife and partner in Barnoon Workshop, we had lunch and then got on with painting and getting ready to hand our work in to the open. While we were in the doing it got even windier and the we had a very heavy hail shower and below is what we saw when we opened the door.



Another event in my day was popping in at Ebb & Flow to see if I could pick up my Bob Moulder caricature that we had used as a poster last week and discover this rather groovy but badly photographed poster of St Ives shown in the form of a London Underground map. Genius! As I looked at it I realised that Barnoon Workshop was actually represented as a 'station'. It was a happy moment and Karen gave me one to take away, how nice.

I am now off to draw, so cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment